The original building at Humphry Davy School dates back to 1909. Among many period features are large sets of sash windows which had begun to deteriorate and needed replacing.
Taking advantage of the in-house joiner shop, Marnick Builders were able to manufacture double glazed windows in keeping with the traditional designs, These were then installed across the building.
The attention to detail and overall impact of the windows is significant. With high quality brass fittings and lockable mechanisms to prevent accidents the new glazing allows much of the heat of the building to be retained. Perhaps most striking is the large library which benefits from floor to ceiling bow topped frames.